We are Chidambaram Shipcare Pvt Ltd!
Founded by first generation technocrat entrepreneur Shri.K.Chidambaram, a First Class marine engineer, who was Chief Engineer with Great Eastern Shipping Ltd, this ISO accredited company since 1996, started operations in the year 1982 and has been a customer driven entity throughout. From the beginning, the company has been a preferred afloat ship repair service provider for all the leading shipping companies in India and for many foreign vessels calling at Chennai, Mumbai and other ports
The company is head quartered in Chennai. It has built a workshop inside the Chennai Port , on 10,000/sft of land taken on lease from the Port, for carrying out ship repair operations.
It has also a workshop taken on lease at Sewri in Mumbai, near the Mumbai Port and Mazagon Dock Ltd.
The company has a sound management system with fully empowered key Management Personnel. The business of the company is organized under three distinct Business Units, namely—
SHIP REPAIR BUSINESS UNIT [SR BU]—Chennai & Mumbai Divisions;
- Our objective is to take total care of customers’ ship repair requirements and finish the jobs in time, every time.
- Our response time for emergency break down repairs is the fastest in India and this has won us repeat orders from our existing customers and brought in new customers.
- We undertake comprehensive repairs of all equipments and systems of a ship, thus providing the customers immense economic value by becoming the one stop source for all the requirements.
- We have a well trained in house team of highly motivated and innovative technicians who are experts in trouble shooting, diagnosing and solving the repair problems.
- We supplement this through a well developed and varied source of out sourced vendor base throughout India.
- We also have a sound, sensitive and prompt customer feedback and complaints handling system
- We also undertake ship repair jobs in shipyards like Mazagon Dock Ltd, Mumbai, The Naval Dockyard, Mumbai and the L&T Shipyard at Kattupalli, near Chennai.
- Major high value repair jobs done at Shipyards from 2008 to 2016.
1. BHARATI SHIPYARD
2. NAVAL DOCK YARD, MUMBAI
3. MUMBAI PORT TRUST
4. L&T SHIPYARD, KATTUPALLI
SHIP BUILDING BUSINESS UNIT [ SB BU];
- We regularly undertake contract ship building at shipyards like Bharati Shipyard , Mazagon Dock, Pipavav Shipyard and more.
- Major high value ship building jobs done at shipyards from 2008 to 2016
- We have executed the complete hull fabrication & erection, machinery installation and commissioning of two MSVs for Mazagon Dock Ltd, at Mumbai in2007-08 and 2008-09
- Alcock Ashdown Gujarat Ltd.
Each of these units are headed by a General manager, Operations.
The overall management of the company is carried out by the Management Committee comprising of the Managing Director, the whole time Director and the General Managers.
Top Management Team :
1) Mr. K.CHIDAMBARAM – Managing Director
2) Mr. RAMDAS S IYER – Director
3) Mr. ROHIT K CHIDAMBARAM – Director
4) Mr. FIROZ H COOPER – COO
5) Mr. K.B SRIDHAR – GENERAL MANAGER – OPERATIONS
6) Mr. C.R PADMANABAN – HEAD – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
7) Mr. G.NANDAKUMAR – HEAD – OPERATIONS.
The company’s business portfolio consists of—
- Afloat ship repairs—done when ships call at ports, using materials and parts procured by us.
- Contract ship building—carried out at shipyards like Mazagon Dock Ltd, Mumbai, Bharti Shipyard at Dhabol, Maharashtra, Naval Dockyard, Mumbai etc, where the shipyards give all materials and we take up ship building packages with our equipments, tools and man power.
- Extensive modification and life extension of ships & barges at shipyards and at port limits, using materials procured by us. To give just one example, we are right now executing the modification of a sub marine launching barge for Navy at the Mazagon Dock Ltd, Mumbai, using our materials—the order is worth Rs.4.17 crores.
- Installation and commissioning of ship cranes at shipyards.
- Servicing of SMAG and other make ship grabs at various ports in India.
- Exclusive sale , installation and service partnership of Optimarine ballast water treatment equipments[mandated to be used in ships] in India.